“Children always do better when families support their learning.”Education Scotland, Parentzone
For more information on the Avoch Primary School Parent Council, or to make a general enquiry or comment, please email us at email@example.com or leave a note at the school office and we will get in touch.
All parents and guardians of pupils of Avoch Primary School are members of the Parent Forum by right. The Parent Council is made up of people who have expressed an interest in and (where necessary) have been elected to represent the views of the wider Parent Forum in order to support the school with providing the best possible experiences.
Members of the Parent Council are mainly parents or guardians of Avoch pupils, supported and advised by staff of the school, and can include co-opted members for specific support purposes. The Head Teacher attends in an advisory capacity. Local councillors are also invited to attend.
- Avoch Parent Council Constitution (adopted May 2012)
- Parents As Partners – The Purpose and Role of Parent Councils
- Welcome to the Parent Council
Our Main Aims
- to promote parental involvement in all aspects of school life
- to strengthen our links with the local community
- to develop a deeper understanding of the role we all play in supporting and improving the learning experiences of pupils
- to support the school and the range of experiences available by contributing financially through extensive fundraising
We would encourage all parents/guardians who are interested, to come along to our meetings where they would be made most welcome. Agendas and minutes are posted below. We would welcome your views on what you see as key strengths of our school – we need to encourage more of this – and areas for improvement and how parents can support these!
Please feel free to contact us. We really value your comments, opinions and ideas.
Current Office Bearers
- Chair: Kate Lackie
- Treasurer: Joanna Kucharczyk
- Secretary: Iona McMillan
- Lead Fundraiser: Stefanie Rankine
Parent Council Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- 2019 August 28th: Minutes
- 2019 June 17th: Minutes
- 2019 April 29th: Minutes
- 2019 March 4th: Minutes
- 2019 January 17th: Minutes
- 2018 November 12th: Minutes
- 2018 September 10th: Agenda and Minutes
- 2018 September 10th – AGM: Agenda
- 2018 June 12th: Minutes
- 2018 March 5th: Agenda
- 2018 January 31st: Minutes
- 2018 January 16th: Agenda
- 2017 November 30th: Agenda and Minutes
- 2017 October 26th: Agenda and Minutes
- 2017 September 6th: Agenda and Minutes
- 2017 September 6th – AGM: Invitation, Agenda and Minutes
- 2017 June 13th: Agenda and Minutes
- 2017 May 10th: Agenda and Minutes
- 2017 January 19th: Minutes
- 2016 November 3rd: Agenda and Minutes
- 2016 September 7th: Minutes